Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm a horrible blogger!

Ha ha. It's been sooooo long, and sooooo very much has happened since I last wrote. How do I go about catching up on it? Bah. I'll give you tidbits.

I went to Bermuda for my birthday -- BEST VACATION EVER!

I FINALLY figured out what I want to do with this crazy daisy life of mine. I'm back in school working towards an Associate's Degree in Exotic Animal Training and Management. Now the program is a general animal program, and I hope to narrow my field to marine mammals. Honestly, though, who knows what I'll end up falling in love with doing -- maybe it'll be lions. ;) Ideally, I'll be working with dolphins, though.

I became an Iron(Wo)Man -- see my other blog "I think I can, I think I can." I lost my head and signed up for another Ironman, this one even harder. Woo hoo! I'm slowly getting in gear for training for that.

My momma was diagnosed with Alzheimer's dementia at the age of 59. Pretty damn scary. I feel much to young to be dealing with this. Her short term memory is VERY bad. The long term memory is still there when you talk to her about it. I haven't wrapped my head around it. I'm still in denial a bit, and yet, I have enormous amounts of patience with her. So maybe I have wrapped my head around it more than I think. Or maybe coaching has made me more patient. I don't know. I'm getting used to having the same conversation over and over again with her. I'm getting used to telling her 12 times (within an hour) that "yes, I had breakfast -- eggs."

I need to spend more time with her. I'm working on it. We played Wii together this weekend, and she beat me 3 out of 4 games. There is something inherently wrong when your mom is better at a video game than you are.

Lots of people I know are having babies again. It's a baby infestation. My brother just had another little girl. Madeline Joy. I have yet to meet her, but I hope to in a couple of months when she's got a wee bit of personality.

My best friend's mother passed away. I was there the moment she left. It was a horrible/wonderful experience. I'm glad I was there with her. I'm glad I got there in time. I'm glad I got to stay for so long. I'm sorry her dad couldn't handle our laughter.

OBAMA is president!! WOO HOO! Very exciting times we live in. My fingers are crossed for change and growth.

OH -- I got a raise! And a CA driver's license!

And now I have to get back to work. I'm going to try to start blogging more regularly. I have a lot whirling around in my head these days. I think that's what school does to you.

No comments: